Tuesday, July 8, 2008

What do you do when you are housebound...renovate your daughters bedroom, call me silly...but I needed to do something




The gastro bug is still visiting. H is back at work but both girls are still not well. Meal times are a challenge and the cleaning aspect is revolting. I could tell you about the bath tonight but that would make you sick, it horrified me and I am the mother!

Anyhow poor H was feeling weak and exhausted so what did I say... I want to paint Es room. I thought it would be an easy task, the room is not big by room standards but emptying the room and painting with kids wanting to help can and does mean it takes quite a bit longer. We spent all of Sunday painting and I spent today decorating. I am excited about the outcome, E chose the colour; Rose Ritual. We decided as the kids wanted to be involved we would let them paint the wall. H put some inspirational music on and we all attacked the wall - with paint that is...before H went to work he put the curtain rail up and I surprised him tonight with a finished room. A good family project for those times when you are housebound and going round the twist.

Stay tuned over the next few days for my birthday Part 2

2 comments:

Rose Red said...

well, it's very ... PINK!

Looks very good - fun to do with the kids!

Sophia said...

Hope you all feel better now.
I'm sure these painting/decorating activities do more than lifting your spirits up. Good on you!