Monday, May 26, 2008

Hooray for Hs finished present




I was really excited on Friday night as I finished Hs 40th Birthday present. His birthday was on the 29th February so not really that late I guess and he gets all of winter to enjoy it. Next project for H is a nice scarf from the remaining wool.

Pattern: Cobblestone Pullover by Jared Flood. From the magazine Interweave Knits Fall 2007. I did alter the neck slightly as I didn't like the way it finished as it was mean't to just roll.

Yarn: Jo Sharp, Silkroard Aran Tweed in Wintergrass

Sticks: Circular and double pointed bamboo ones

Time: Late January till 24th May

What I learnt: I am not a knitter. I put my heart and soul into it. Most of all it was knitted with love. It is far from perfect but H loves it and I love him for being so excited about it. I am excited to start something new and on a smaller scale as I was worried the whole time I was knitting as to if it was going to fit or be nice enough to wear.

Photos taken on location at Robertson in the Southern Highlands. It took us 2 hours (or H 2 hours to drive there on Saturday morning). We met up with our good friends from Canberra and sat in the sun enjoying a lovely picnic. Another fun filled Saturday thanks to all family members behaving and kids playing nicely and good food and great company.

5 comments:

Rose Red said...

Oh great job! It looks fabulous!! Don't sell yourself short, I think it's a great achievement! And it fits so well and looks great!

Bells said...

Oh I beg to differ - you ARE a knitter! look at that. It's wonderful!

SadieandLance said...

The jumper looks fabulous! Well done! Sounds like a lovely Saturday adventure too.

Alabaster said...

As the lucky recipient, I can say it's so lovely - very soft and has the kind of warmth that only comes with a give made with love. Thanks sweetie, you're wonderful!

[Bit miffed that *I* don't get any "cute husby butt" comments though!]

Sophia said...

What a handsome young man in that lovely green jumper!! and congrats to the clever lady who did it in such a short time first time around!!

ps my mother-in-law commented the other day that this handsome young man hadn't aged a day since his uni years....