Wednesday, February 6, 2008

My first knitted project especially for my beloved

My lovely H is turning 40 on the 29th Feb. He has asked for handmade presents, I am obliging with my first ever knitted project. Other new things to my life as a result, the purchase of new wool, knitting in the round and following a pattern!



The wool is Jo Sharp Aran Tweed in Wintergrass. Needles are size 5 courtesy of RoseRed. Pattern also loaned by RoseRed on her advice this was deemed something that I could manage as my first project.



Progress picture attached, it is not perfect, but H said he loves that. He just loves that I am trying, and as my friends know I am very trying at times! Unpicked it once, do not have the heart to do that again, lets call it rustic for now. Upto my fourth ball of wool, this is what excites me in this project the wool disappearing ever so slowly, small children do not give much time for knitting.

4 comments:

Rose Red said...

This looks fantastic!!! Yay you! Love the colour too.

Bells said...

Excellent choice! My hubby is also turning 40 this year (Nov) and I'm now thinking I should do this too!

Sophia said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Sophia said...

Good progress so far. Good birthday present!