Friday, July 27, 2007

What to do






I started this canvas for Empress E when she was a few months old. I keep on getting it out looking at it and not knowing where to go from here...and now I am caught with the situation of what I do for one I feel compelled to do for the other.

I did alot of manuscript style artwork when I was at university. My grandfather passed away while I was at uni and I used my artwork as a form of commerating his life and dealing with my loss at the time. I love the feeling of layers and depth you get from continually re-working drawings.

I noticed the canvas yet again in the garage recently so I have it out waiting for inspiration...what to do...do I paint over the parts I am not happy with...do I alter it so it is reflective of both the girls and not worry about doing 2 individual canvases.

1 comment:

Rose Red said...

I think it would be nice to reflect both the girls, but you could also take the approach that you do different things for each of them, because they are both individuals?