Tuesday, December 11, 2007

Christmas Dress



I have been working on a Christmas dress over the past few days for E. It is made of remnants of material. A slip cover from a chair, an old Christmas Dress that was mine, embroidery cotton from St Vinnies and new flowers from the local craft shop.

Time taken 3 days (not entire days, just evenings and early mornings), Completely hand sewn using chain stitch WHY because it looked nice. The flowers were already sewn onto elastic makes an easy pretty Chrissy headband. Have some burgundy and gold elasticised flowers for R. She already has a handmade Chrissy dress courtesy of the neighbours hand me downs. Will post more later have put my shoulder out so limited typing possible at present.

3 comments:

Rose Red said...

Very cute!

SadieandLance said...

How gorgeous! Hey I need you postal address to send you a mixed CD...email me at sadieandlanceatiprimusdotcom dot au

Sophia said...

Nice dress... very clever to do it in such a short time!